Seeking a Biotech Lab Technician for a contract opportunity in Palo Alto, CA. Our client provides and develops new solutions to existing and emerging plant diseases. The Biotech Lab Technician will be supporting the development, establishment, and execution of protocols to manufacture their product as well as daily lab maintenance activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Routine inventorying of raw materials and work-in-progress.
· Preparation and sterilization of microbiological media.
· Apply aseptic techniques in daily workload.
· Provide routine preventive maintenance by daily cleaning, sanitizing, and trash disposal.
· Routine cultivation and maintenance of bacterial cultures.
· Aid in development and maintenance of standard operating procedures
· Perform standard operating procedures in microbiology (genomic extractions, PCR, qPCR).
· Keep accurate records in real time of executed procedures for quality control.
· Aid in identifying and resolving any issues in the research protocols.
· Assisting other scientists or members of the team or company as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or a related field.
· Experience working with microbes and/or tissue culture.
· Attention to detail and excellent record-keeping using standard Microsoft software.
· Familiarity with chemical and biological risks of working in a laboratory environment.
· Great verbal and written communication skills.
· Excitement to work in a close-knit environment.
· At least one year of laboratory experience (academic independent study or industry).
· Familiarity with a biosafety cabinet is a plus.
· Experience working with undomesticated bacteria (i.e. non-lab strains) and bacteriophages.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 24/hr week, Flexible hours.
Location: Palo Alto, CA.
Duration: 3 month contract.